Wednesday, February 8, 2012

from computers to calculators

Sorry it has been so long since I last wrote!  Here is what has happened since then.  I got a phone call a while ago saying that the Computer Science program in Ghana had been cancelled.  I froze.  What does that mean?!  Am I no longer going to Ghana?  Do I have to wait even longer?  The guy on the phone said he would transfer me to my placement officer and she would talk to me about my options.  He transfers me, and she doesn't answer.  Of course.  I had to leave for work shortly after that phone call, so I was worried I would miss my POs call.  I left her a message, then decided to send her an email.  I told her I had to go to work, didn't have access to my phone, but did have access to my email.  I told her to email me with any details she could spare and that I was more than anxious to hear from her.  Here is part of her response:

the good news is that we have an alternative assignment for you in the same Ghana training class that departs on June 4, 2012

I didn't care what the rest of the email said, I was just ecstatic I was still going to Ghana!  And even more ecstatic that it was the same time frame!  Then I read this:

Attached I am sending you the Volunteer Assignment Description for the Ghana Mathematics Teaching program

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!  I more than LOVE math!  Of course I would happily accept this new assignment!  So what turned out to scare the absolute crap out of me, turned out to be something amazing!  I am so passionate about math, so the fact that I will now be teaching it excites me so much!  I just hope I will be able to get my students just as excited :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment