Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Peace Corps Project

Greetings!
 
I hope this finds you well! I just started my second year as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ghana. I am teaching Mathematics at a junior high school in the Upper West Region. Within Ghana, the junior high schools are divided into 3 classes called forms. Unfortunately, each form in my school has approximately 70 students, causing overcrowding and discomfort. I spoke with my fellow Ghanaian teachers, and they have been trying to build extra classrooms to remedy this project. However, the district has not been able to fund the entire project. That's where I come in. I was able to apply for a grant through Peace Corps to help cover some of the costs. With the combination of the grant and the contribution from the district, we are able to move on with the project. But where does the grant money come from? That's where you come in. All the money requested by the grant comes from generous people like you. Whether you can donate $1, $20, or $100, every little bit helps. You can also help by spreading my story. Tell people what I just told you. And soon we will be able to begin construction, and we can give these students the quality education they deserve. Because let's face it. They are pretty awesome, and they deserve the best.
 
-Reassurance-
 
I know you may be asking yourself "How do I know my money is actually being put to good use?" Worry not. I will be taking pictures and videos through the construction process as well as the final results of your generosity. These photos and videos will be posted on my blog at jessicakeeton.blogspot.com I will keep you updated throughout the entire process in hopes you can see where your contribution has truly made a difference.
 
-How to Donate-
 
All donations can be made online at the following link. https://donate.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=13-641-033 Simply click on this link, and it will take you to the Peace Corps donation website. Here, you will be able to read more about my project, see how much money has been raised, and how much remains. It is also here where you can make your own donation. So, feel free to browse the site at your leisure. And I want to thank you for your time, your consideration, and your generosity.


Watch this video at the following link and help make a difference. (click here)


No comments:

Post a Comment