Wednesday, August 3, 2011

a-ringy dingy

Today was the day my Peace Corps placement officer (PO) was going to call me.  I had given her my cell phone number, and she said she would call me at 3:30pm.  Earlier, I had some cell phone troubles and kept losing calls.  Shoot.  I can't have my placement officer call me at this number today.

2:00pm   I quickly send my PO an email asking if she could call me on my house phone. I was nervous she wouldn't get the email in time, but luckily, she had. Whew. I got that figured out.  Now, I wait.

2:30pm  Okay.  One hour until she will be calling me.  What should I do to pass the time?  For a while, I just sit at my computer searching for other blogs describing how their phone interview with their PO went.  I was getting some last minute tips.  Then I realized I was sitting in silence, and that wasn't helping my nerves at all.  I started playing some relaxing and inspiring music. 

3:15pm  Fifteen more minutes.  It's almost time.  I begin pacing around the house now.  I have the cordless phone in my hand.  Walking from the window in the kitchen to the back door in the living room.  Taking deep breaths.

3:29pm  One more minute.  This is it.  This is what I've been waiting for.

3:30pm  Any second now.  My future is going to change any second now.

3:31pm  No ring yet.  Nothing.  The house is completely quiet. 

3:32pm  Still nothing.  I frantically look at the phone on the counter to see if it had been disconnected.  Nope. Perfectly hung up.  I look at the cordless phone in my hand to see if it was turned off.  Yep.  Completely off. 

3:33pm  A-ringy dingy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment