Monday, October 3, 2011

the wait continues

So I waited the entire month of September to get my letter in the mail.  And when it did not arrive, I emailed my placement officer to get an update.  She said

we are experiencing an additional delay at this time as we wait for our worldwide posts to submit revised program numbers for that period

http://www.123rf.com/photo_4722712_
a-hand-holding-a-dry-erase-marker-
x-ing-days-of-the-month-off-of-a-

calendar--passing-of-time-conecpt.html
Which makes sense.  I'm cool with that.  It has to be difficult finding projects and locations for so many applicants.  She then went on to say that I may not receive my letter until mid-October or possibly even November.  I am so anxious and excited to get it, I almost can't stand it anymore!  But, soon enough, I'll know what my future holds.  And to help with the waiting game, I have decided not to check my mail everyday.  That will help my mood tremendously, because every time I see that empty mailbox, my heart sinks a little.   So I'll go back to my usual Mail Mondays (you know...where I only check the mail on Mondays).  But let's be honest, can I really stay away from my mailbox for a whole week?  I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment