Sunday, October 30, 2011

UPS (yoo-pee-es) noun: Unforgettable PeaceCorps Surprise

I woke up on Thursday, October 27th, to an email.  It was from the Peace Corps website saying my application status had changed!!  I quickly go to the Peace Corps website, and the first thing that pops up is:  "Your password is more than 12 months old.  You must change it to continue."  My heart sank...was this the "change" that the email was talking about?  I was losing hope. And then I see this:


OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!! And then I see below:

I wasn't home much on Thursday, Friday, OR Saturday, so I was worried I had missed the UPS guy/girl.  But when I did get home, there was no "Sorry we missed you" tag on my door.  So, I am about 85% sure I will get my invitation tomorrow!!!  I don't work until 2pm, so I should be home when the UPS person gets here!  And just to be sure I hear the knock on the door, I am sleeping in the front room tonight!  There is no way I can miss it!  I am beyond excited!

I keep having dreams of receiving my invitation and seeing where they place me.  One dream said they were sending me to Kenya.  Another (one I had just last night) said I was going to Aggn.  I know what you're thinking...where is Aggn?  Well, as it turns out, it's not even a real place. So hopefully soon enough, my dreams will clear up and become a reality!

PS If I had known they would email me once they sent the invitation, I would NOT have checked my mail everyday.  That was torture.  But there's a little advice for those of you reading and waiting for your invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment