Saturday, November 5, 2011

it's heeeeeeeere!

I finally got my invitation on Wednesday (November 2nd)!!

I luckily didn't have to work that day, so I stayed home waiting.  So 3:30pm came along, and I was getting hopeless.  If it's not here by now, it probably won't be here today.  At this time, I decided to call the local UPS company and ask about their hours.  The guy said they usual deliver packages until 6pm.  Hmm...okay, I'll just watch a movie and wait patiently.  Around 5pm I hear a big truck outside my building.  It was a UPS truck!! OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh!!!!  My heart started beating out of my chest (no joke!)  I was walking around my apartment taking in deep breaths waiting for a knock.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK


He was at my door! I had to sign for the package, and I was shaking so much my signature looked nothing like it should.  I shut the door, grabbed some scissors (because there was no way I could hulk through that UPS "plastic").  I pulled out the giant packet, opened it up, and highlighted in bright neon yellow was the word GHANA! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)



I began running around my apartment crying my eyes out saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!".  Mind you, I was home alone (probably best, since I'm sure I looked crazy).  I then sent out a mass text message to everyone telling them "I'm going back to Ghana!!!!".  I went to Ghana my junior year of college during May Term for two and a half weeks.  I loved every minute of it.  I am ecstatic I get to go back again!  I already know a lot about Ghana, but I am beyond excited to LIVE in Ghana rather than just visit!  Oh my gosh, I am getting uber pumped just writing about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment