Sunday, October 14, 2012

wanting to send me something?


So Mom texted me the other day asking what I would like in a package if she were to send me one.  And the more I thought about it, the more things I came up with.  So if you’re thinking the same thing, here are a few ideas!  And it’s okay to get double (or even triple!) of these things, because I will most definitely use them!

Package Ideas:

Pictures
Letters
Leisure books

Shampoo
Face Wash
OB Regular Tampons
Empty half-dozen egg carton (or a plastic egg carrying container)

Cheese-Its
Chicken In a Biskit
Club crackers
Ritz crackers
Wheat thins
Flavored triscuits
Doritos (family size =P)
Individual size chips (I don't care if they arrive in crumbs...I need them! haha)
Pretzels
Chips & salsa (again, I don't care if they turn to crumbs =) )

Oreos (LOTS)
Chips Ahoy
Fruity snacks (fruit roll ups, gushers, fruit snacks, etc.)
Chocolate
Candy bars (snickers, Hershey miniatures, M&Ms (all kinds), twix, take 5 etc.)

Shells & Cheese (lots!)
Meat and cheese gift set
Cheese of any sort! (that does not need refrigeration)
Salted Peanuts/Cashews/Almonds/Party Mix (yes, we have them here, but I’m craving the ones from home)
Honey roasted peanuts
Instant mashed potatoes
Small cans of spaghetti sauce

Powder cheese packets (cheese packets from box macaroni)
Sauce packets (pesto, alfredo, marinara…preferably just add water kinds)
Powder ranch packets

Drink mixes (Gatorade, poweraid, not a huge fan of crystal light)
Chai tea drink mix

Condiments (Cookies BBQ sauce especially!)
Seasonings/Spices (oregano, basil, cinnamon, etc.)

Pancake mix (just add water)
Syrup (not sure how well that’ll travel)
Microwave bacon (no refrigeration necessary)

UPDATE

fig newtons
s'mores poptarts (any for that matter, just my fav)
s'mores makings
granola/nutrigrain bars
those super crunchy granola bars (nature valley?)
grits (instant, buttery)
skittles, starburst
anything fruity (suckers, jolly ranchers, life savers)
snack packs
ranch dressing packets

chex mix (regular, cheddar, any/all kinds)
gardettos
home made baked goods vacuum sealed
graham crackers
cake frosting (for those graham crackers)
crunchy bacon bits
Summer sausage
goldfish crackers
jif peanut butter (regular or crunchy)
cereal (any children's kind will do =) )
gummy bears/worms
stovetop rice mixes (stovetop anything, for that matter)

little debbie snacks (zebra cake, cosmic brownie, any kind)


post it notes
painters tape/scotch tape/masking tape

As of now, that’s all I can think of.  As you can see, all you need to do is raid the snack aisle at any store you walk into!  Also, pictures and letters and updates would also make my day!  Check out the previous blog entry for my new address.  But I'll put the address on this post too!


Jessica Keeton, PCV
PO Box 49
Lawra-Lawra District
UW/R
Ghana
West Africa



When sending packages, label the green customs form with “school supplies” “food” “personal health items” etc.  Don’t write anything valuable.  Also, on the envelope/package write “Air Mail”.


Send packages and letters and everything there.  It’s in the town very close to me, so I’ll be able to get my mail much more quickly!  Love to everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I will be sending a package next weekend. Also i want a purse from there like you have how does that work? Do i need american money or ? Love you rach

    ReplyDelete